Why Do You Wear A Mask?
Our community values the importance of wearing a mask. Every week we will share real stories on why people across the country wear their masks:
- @dryerdays: I wear a mask because I respect you and I respect myself!
- @missy_camp: I wear a mask because I care about other people and want to protect them 🥰
@valeria_chaykinaa: I wear a mask because I feel responsible for protecting other people (myself included) that might be affected by the virus and not even know about it. It’s important that we all do our part in this battle with the virus. We fight it together or not at all. Besides, how hard is it? It takes a second to put it on. So #wearadamnmask
- @thekitchengaily: Wearing a mask is important to me for many reasons. 1. I was really sick for about four weeks. I had a very real taste of what this is like and trust me you don’t want this. 2. As a queer gay man I’m of the last generation that remembers our community being decimated by a disease. We have to protect each other and this is an easy way to do that. 3. I recently went back to work and my job has me all over this city. Wearing a mask keeps me and those I come in socially distant contact with safe and also helps keep me healthy to keep working. 4. My mom is living alone in Brooklyn and high risk. I have to go see her and to do that I have to stay healthy and I get tested often. 5. It’s what every other country has done to keep this thing at bay. It’s not that hard or that much of an ask. Plus I have some really cute masks!
- @fabfitpathdoc: I wear a mask because I believe it is my duty as a health provider to do my part in helping to reduce the spread of the virus!
@angelyscenteno: I wear a mask to protect myself and the people I love! Let’s continue to fight this together #wearthedamnmask
- @nicolecozeandpt: I wear a mask because it’s not about me. It’s about doing my small part to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and set a good example as a medical practitioner. #maskup😷
- @goldlinesalon: I wear a mask because i care about my community and the people in it - as a person and as a small business owner.
- @reginawaldroup: I wear a mask because I need to protect myself and others. I also have kidney disease so I cannot risk getting COVID.